Nerd Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nickhvk 80 Warlock

4 posters

Go down

Nickhvk 80 Warlock Empty Nickhvk 80 Warlock

Post  Nickhvk Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:57 am

Character Name: Nickhvk

Character Class: Warlock

Character MS/OS: Whatever you want/need. If you need someone to do a bitch spec and nobody else wants to, or someone with already better dps than me would benefit for it, I don't mind riding bitch. I know the rotation for PvE for all the specs I could play so whatever works.

Current ICC Experience: 12/12 10(Non-H) 11/12 25(Non-H) and 8/12 (H) However these were done on a horde mage that I recently sold in order to pay for the faction change/transfer of this char and some summer class books.

Approximate Gear Score: 5791 Sad. Sadly this is due to having Wrathful off pieces and enough hit with Sanctified leggings that I haven't really had the chance to pick up much else(was pretty much full PvP Belf Lock before I transfered, just getting into guild alt runs)

Why NerdRage: I've always had a strong belief in: This is a game and it's meant to be fun, but that doesn't make it an excuse to just sit around and not do jack. The way in which you all seem to present yourself seems to be one that would favor to that logic.

Previous Guild Association: WARNING: LONG list here, so I'll just put the ones that lasted and are worth noting.

Horde - Nathrezim - Months Behind - Undead Warrior: Months Behind was my first raiding guild in Vanilla WoW, I stayed with them for almost all of Vanilla, Scoring Kills on C'thun, Saph, and a 2% wipe on KT(Balls were broken). We were relatively hardcore for a guild on a medium pop server, and it stayed that way through most of BC being as we were about as Endgame as you could get on Nath Horde(We had every server first in BC and were the only horde guild to even see past Huhu and Rasuv). I took a break from WoW in my senior year of High School to finish shit up and returned after a while to find that my longtime friends in MB had all transfered, and MB was now run by a lot of people from another guild that (when I played) we didn't really like. So I found myself rerolling to a gnome warrior on Dragonmaw.

Alliance - Dragonmaw - Blitzkrieg - Gnome Warrior: During the opening months of BC (before I rerolled to Alliance) I had found myself doing Arena and found myself doing very well at it (top 5 within 2 weeks of playing on Reckoning). A longtime friend of mine that had rerolled had interest in running Euro comp in 5's. But knew I liked to PvE aswell and thus he had rejoined some of his (Pre MB) guildmates in a guild called Blitzkrieg. In this guild I found myself clearing all BC content as their primary MS warrior. This guild was pretty hardcore, especially when Sunwell came out(we really wanted that pre-nerf KJ kill). We never got it due to internal issues and eventually the guild disbanded. Which lead to.. WOOSH

Horde - Tichondrius - Nightmare's Asylum(Cake Mafia) - Undead Mage: I had originally transfered to Tich on my UD mage pre joining Blitzkrieg. But due to only running RMP here until I hated the comp(still do), and Blitzkrieg dying I never pve'd. Eventually a few of our arena "nemesis" from Nightmares Asylum transfered to Tich and we founded a little guild called Cake Mafia. We killed everything BC had to offer including KJ (post nerf QQ). But alas this came to an end when Arena season 4 came to a close and Wrath drew near. Most of the NA guys transfered back to Smolderthorn, and I went back to Nath to become a casual or so I thought.

Horde - Nathrezim - Sleep - Undead Mage: Back on Nath and with WOTLK's release I found myself in a guild just about the damn same as when I left. Sleep was essentially Months Behind with a new name and new elitist GM's. Who would pick up their IRL friends and deadslot them over people that had helped them with progression(ulduar, toc, togc). Last straw for myself and many others came when the GM thought it would be a good idea(his own idea, nobody else in the guild had a say) to merge with another guild full of a lot of.. well the technical term would be "DICKS". And thus myself and most of the original Sleep members left. Many quit, I went back to PvP and leveled up my lock to play some WLD.

IN SHORT: Lots of PvE from Vanilla to Wrath. Played with Nightmares Asylum homies, killed Illidan as a gnome, got Glad twice, and then found myself in a shit storm of a guild on a dying server with about 2 guilds that have even seen LK. And barely killed him 10 and that is the best the server had to offer.

Sponsor in the guild (if any): None

Tell us about yourself and your goals in the game: Well as I think my wall of text may of made it clear that.. I like to PvE and PvP respectively. I know there is a time and a place for both, and it's best to make sure that they do not cross. As far as WoW goes, yeah I wanna kill Arthas. But I'd rather enjoy doing it then getting yelled at, like I'm at Marine Corps bootcamp. And if I get to gank some people, and maybe get Glad again along the way, so be it.

As for myself, I'm 22, and I personally just try to be chill. I live in Sacramento, and am majoring in film at Sac City and Grossmont College(I moved up here from San Diego) and minoring in Astrology. I live with my Fiance and our two dogs. I play the drums, and love my vintage 1960's records (Got 3 original Hendrix records). Other than that, I'm pretty much a huge nerd(not gonna lie). I played CS competitively as well as Quake/Painkiller, and even WoW(Attended MLG San Diego). I use to write for eSports columns on GotFrag and had my a featured blog dedicated to video editing on GameRiot. And up until a few weeks ago enjoyed getting my ass handed to me in SC2.

All in all, I know my gear isn't the greatest at the moment. But I can come and show up every raid night, and bring what I can to the table. Like I said I know how to play all the specs and I know all the fights. And don't mind the one profession not level'd. I farm like a Korean when I have a purpose, and that would most likely be going to a herbalism slot to benefit flasks and stuff for the guild. Unless you all want me to level tailoring or something.

Holy shit did I really write all that? Jesus I am a nerd. If you don't invite me based on wall of text I totally see why rofl.

Nickhvk

Back to top Go down

Nickhvk 80 Warlock Empty Re: Nickhvk 80 Warlock

Post  Southpaws Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Oh shit, a well formatted application. Iawlrus will be pleased.
Southpaws
Southpaws
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  lawlrus Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Very pleased with the applicate formating! Wink

However, if your gear is what you say it is, ~5.7k GS as well as using some pvp stuff to fill in gaps we will probably have to pass for now. If you are able to fill in your spots with PvE stuff and gear up just a bit more they we could reconsider you then. I'd shoot for a 5.8k bare min, but 5.9k as more of a target with all intelligently chosen PvE gear (i.e. we dont want to see you have 100 points past the hit cap, or to much of a stat that is poor for your class/spec).

After we are working on HM progression unfortunately we need both skilled and players with the gear to allow them to put out the numbers required to deal with the fight mechanics we deal with.

If you have any question please dont hesitate to ask Volx, Kewky, Southpaws, or myself in game or on the boards.

And just to be clear. I like the looks of the type of player you are, so do not consider this a no, but a rain check. We'd love to see you stop by a little later after you've snagged a piece or 2 more of gear. If we have some no shows we may hit you up in game to trail earlier too.
lawlrus
lawlrus
Upset
Upset

http://nerdrage.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Volx Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey! Thanks for the detailed applications.

I just wanted to echo iawl's comments. You seem to be successful at pvp, which is a good indicator that you have a good set-up (i.e., compurer, key binds, etc.) and know how to play your class well.

However, 25 HM raiding is really as much of a numbers game, as it is skill, so having sub-par gear (e.g., pvp pieces, etc.) will not allow you to perform optimally. If you can replace those pieces and get to a 5.9K gs or so, then it'd be worth a try. Alternative is to try and come with us to some alt runs (when they happen) and hope to get some pieces.

Volx
Nerd Rager!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickhvk Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Word. Picked up a Reign of the Dead yesterday. 5.843GS atm, If I could replace that stupid wand I'd be at 5.9k. I'm slapping myself IRL for forgetting to pick up my pvp one. Even if it was a PvP item, would of been a sp and haste boost again, not to mention the GS lol. Got ~30 frost emblems at the moment too, so after next week I should have my 2 piece(3 piece if vault doesn't break balls rofl).

Nickhvk

Back to top Go down

Post  lawlrus Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Also, we are not looking for purely a high GS. GS is based only on ilvl. We want high ilvl, but gear that is also good for you. PvP pieces, although high ilvl, have resil which is next to useless in a pve setting.
lawlrus
lawlrus
Upset
Upset

http://nerdrage.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Application closed. Thanks for applying.

~Kewky
Kewky
Kewky
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down