Nerd Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimz - SV/MM Hunter

+5
Beanoo
Southpaws
Volx
Kewky
Dimz
9 posters

Go down

Dimz - SV/MM Hunter Empty Dimz - SV/MM Hunter

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:24 am

Character Name: Dimz

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&cn=Dimz

Character Class: I play a SV hunter, this might seem odd...allow me to explain. I am sticking SV until I have a passive score of 800 armor pen despite the fact that you can go MM at pretty much 450 and up. I am doing this simply because it is not worth gemming for armor pen until a passive score of 800. If I was to go MM (I have as OS) prior to this passive score the dps gain would be slight...and only on stand still battles. So overall with SV I am able to keep up more consistent dps in both mobile and non mobile fights. Lost hunters make this common mistake of gemming for aRp prior to the passive 800 and going MM. To this I say simply, run the sims for yourself and what I am saying is proved. When I do hit this 800 passive aRp though, I will be going MM since I should be able to get close from Gemming straight out to the Hard Cap of 1400 and there will be a significant dps gain. Hah, wall of text explanation. /wrists

Character MS/OS: SV / MM

Current ICC Experience: I am a ex raider from IRON that played a Frost dw deathknight named Dìmz. You can ask Mcluvey on horde side ( IRONS zombie raid bracket raid leader) or RedKnights ( The deathknight class manager). In IRON I have ran all 12/12 in both 10 man and 25 man along with a few HM's. I know what I am doing quite well Razz

Approximate Gear Score MS/OS: 5.7k (5681) - The reason it is a tad low is because I had quit wow for about 3 months and instead of going back to IRON and playing on horde side I decided to come to Alliance to play with my cussin (Cheablot/Jaabs). Although, I know what I am doing and gear quite fast. This is proven by the fact that my total play time for this toon is only 8days and its already 5.7k. I will easily be 5850-5950 by next week and 6k by the week after. My shot rotation and my ability to line up my internal procs with my cd's is to a T though. So I should have no problem keeping my DPS up to par as is.

Why NerdRage:I would like to join NerdRage because I am simply tired of elitist hardcore endgame raiding. I no longer need to be server first, I just simply would like to play at a more relaxed pace but still experience the end game content and have healthy progression.

Previous Guild Association: IRON

Sponsor in the guild (if any): No sponsors, but I talked to kewky for like a total of 3 mins!!!! Well more of hit him with a wall of text for 90000dmg.

Tell us about yourself and your goals in the game: My name is Turner. I am a apprentice at custom fabrication shop that specializes in upper extremity amputations ( I do prosthetics). I like loud d-beat/sludge/experimental noise music and mexican food. Really my, goals in the game are simply to at least stay current with the end game content as it is being pumped out and to have fun.

I have a habit of putting way too much text down. Please excuse me for this >_<.

PS. Just some extra info. I am current on my rep for outside of the ashen verdict for my enchants and up to par on my gems. I am also a black smith since the extra socket you get for your bracers/gloves pans out to 33.2 xtra dps and am currently powerlvling JC for the epic dragoneye cuts that pan out to a xtra 34 dps. If you were wondering why I did not go with letherworking it is simply because the dps gain from the prof is lower than either of the above mentioned choices. Shocked

Last edited by Dimz on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

https://facebook.com/turner.rook

Back to top Go down

Dimz - SV/MM Hunter Empty Re: Dimz - SV/MM Hunter

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:26 am

Pretend you never saw how over the hit cap I am. That is going away this week!
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 am

Oh also. Before any comments about my Rifle of silver bullets being a tank gun...keep in mind that it is the best ranged weapon for hunters prior to Zodz in 25 man. Since Zods has yet to drop I am using this rifle. It is a 38.8 dps Gain from Nodz. Since ranged dps is the single most important stat for hunters this is why I made this choice. The agild/haste loss is worth is. I have both weapons and have ran tests and rifle of silver bullets comes out on top every time in raw dps.
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:22 am

So funny you comment on your own app! Smile
Kewky
Kewky
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:00 am

Laf, I guess I could have just edited my post. But what fun would that be?!?! Twisted Evil
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Volx Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Kewky wrote:So funny you comment on your own app! Smile

Next thing you know he will lock the thread with "Accepted" button Smile

Volx
Nerd Rager!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Oh? Can I do that?!?! Shocked
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Southpaws Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I demands combat parses and screen shots of your key bindings and latency and and and...ya I have nothing. I gotta stop coming here when I'm at work.
Southpaws
Southpaws
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm

I taste a hint of sarcasm. But I do indeed have screenshots of my ui and key bindings. Just no combat parses for this hunter because I have been in no guilds with it...so nothing has ever been uploaded to world of logs or saved. What I can offer as a substitute if you live around the bay area in california is a tatsy homemade lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting from scratch...or my gf. Your choice, Mad make it meowww!!!!!
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanoo Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Dimz wrote:I taste a hint of sarcasm. But I do indeed have screenshots of my ui and key bindings. Just no combat parses for this hunter because I have been in no guilds with it...so nothing has ever been uploaded to world of logs or saved. What I can offer as a substitute if you live around the bay area in california is a tatsy homemade lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting from scratch...or my gf. Your choice, Mad make it meowww!!!!!

Uh, he doesn't need your gf.

I, on the other hand, would love a lemon cupcake.
Beanoo
Beanoo
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Channing Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Dimz wrote:if you live around the bay area in california is a tatsy homemade lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting from scratch

Do you deliver to Monterey? Jajaja!! =D

Channing
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Post  Channing Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Channing wrote:Do you deliver to Monterey? Jajaja!! =D

Cuz I (though a trolling raider with no say in anything) can overlook the fact that you have NO VAN CLEEF EXPERIENCE ON THIS TOON if so.

Channing
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Well my gf wants to go to the Monterey bay aquarium despite the ludacris prices. You shall find your tasty lemon treat tied to the 3rd otter to the left of the rock with the algae cover densely layering its north east side. Although this will appear to be a easy snatch and grab operation, take a second glance prior to just simply asking this happy little aquatic dwelling rodent to just hand over the goods. He will be equipped with not only one but TWO mexican straight blades, chosen simply because they provide a cleaner kill than its fillipino curved blade counterpart. With a little courage and a whole lotta luck the lemon gods may reveal their true nirvana to your mouth! Razz
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Tavela Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:12 am

What makes you want to raid with this character instead of your original DK?

-Tavela

Tavela
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Because when me and my gf agreed that I would quit the game. I sold my original account, well, to my friend andrew. I didn't plan on getting back in to the game, but it looks like fate had a different plan >_<. I loved my dk, If I still had him I would raid with him since frost dw was simply just silly amounts of dps...unless I had to move T_T. It is okay though, I am liking this whole huntard thing Razz

Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Simna Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Proper meta + nightmare's tear - check
Agi to boots/gloves - check
Properly specced pet - check

Hit/weapon/gear leaves something to be desired but you've acknowledged that and it shouldn't be hard to change.

Quality app, shows promise!
Simna
Simna
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Do you have a work in progress position ;P Rolling Eyes
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Southpaws Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Well not sure if he's been contacted in game yet by one of us but I'm fine with him trying out. Gear happens fairly fast these days, and given that both 10 man groups are pretty much done with their drakes I'm sure we'll be making one or more alt runs that will gear people out in more 264 gear.
Southpaws
Southpaws
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah, sorry did not update this. Dimz has been sent an invite for runs this week and he has accepted. Thanks for pointing that out South!
Kewky
Kewky
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimz Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 am

This is my happy dimz face cyclops
Dimz
Dimz
Neutral
Neutral