Nerd Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelenne - Fury Warrior

3 posters

Go down

Kelenne - Fury Warrior Empty Kelenne - Fury Warrior

Post  Kelenne Sun May 30, 2010 5:57 am

Character Name: Kelenne
Character Class: Warrior
Character MS/OS: Fury (have prot offspec 41k unbuffed without ICC buff)
Current ICC Experience: Icc 10: Full Clear with 9/12 HMs down: 8/12 at the moment in 25
Approximate Gear Score: 5924 (push steady 12k dps in ICC 25 without special buffs i.e BQL vampire buff)
Why NerdRage: Have been looking for a nice guild that can actually progress and isnt full of people that cant dps an play their class well. Want to be part of a group that wil clear the endgame and be prepared for Cataclysm.
Previous Guild Association: was GL of The Way of the Future (we disbanded after about 10 friends quit playing)
Sponsor in the guild (if any): None
Tell us about yourself and your goals in the game:
Im 28 and a Biochemistry major. I am also married with 3 kids. I plan to be around on the game for a VERY long time and hope to usher in the expansion with a awesome guild that will be leading the pack which I believe is NerdRage. Thanks for consideration in advance.

Kelenne

Back to top Go down

Kelenne - Fury Warrior Empty Re: Kelenne - Fury Warrior

Post  Beanoo Sun May 30, 2010 6:22 am

Biochem major, eh?

Easy question for you:
Quick, gimme the 10 steps of glycolysis! I want reaction substrates, enzymes, cofactors, and products at each step!

GO NAOW!
Beanoo
Beanoo
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelenne Sun May 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Glycolysis:

There are 10 steps:

1. Glucose add an ATP using a Hexokinase produces Glucose-6-phosphate.

2. Glucose-6-phosphate is then used with a Phosphoglucoisomerase to rearrange it into Fructose-6-phosphate.

3. Fructose-6-phosphate then has another ATP added with a Phosphofructokinase-1 to put the phosphate on the number 1 carbon to produce Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate.

4. Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate is then cleaved with an Aldolase into Dihydroxyacetone phosphate and Glyceraldehyde-3-Phosphate (G3P).

5. A Triose phosphate isomerase is then used to rearrange Dihydroxyacetone phosphate into G3P.

6. Both G3Ps are used with a Glycerate-3-phosphate dehydrogenase to produce 1,3-bisphospho-glycerate.

7. The 2 1,3-bisphospho-glycerate is then used with Phosphoglycerokinase and 2 units of ADP to yield 2 ATPs by substrate phophorylation and 2 3-phospho glycerates.

8. 2 3-phospho glycerates are used with Phosphoglyceromutase to make them 2-phosphoglycerates.

9. The 2-phosphoglycerates are then added with Enolase to to produce Phosphoenol-pyruvate (PEP).

10 The 2 units of PEP have 2 units of ADP and Pyruvate kinase added to yield 2 ATPs and Pyruvate.

The pyruvate then undergoes alteration and then the products are taken into the mitochondria to go through thte Creb's cycle.

That about all.

Kelenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanoo Sun May 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Mg2+ is required as a cofactor for steps 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10!

Hmm, what about nucleic acid biosynthesis? That's my favourite Very Happy

(oh and by the way, this has absolutely no impact on your joining the guild, I'm a troll and so you are more than welcome to ignore me)
Beanoo
Beanoo
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelenne Sun May 30, 2010 6:27 pm

LOL noted Very Happy i didnt know that Mg was needed :S never seen it in any of my studies I'm going to have to yell at some people wasting my money like that to get false instruction lol.

Kelenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanoo Sun May 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Beanoo
Beanoo
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  nifejooce Mon May 31, 2010 3:23 am

bunch of school nerds!

nifejooce
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Post  Volx Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:45 pm

I guess joined another guild, before hearing from us.

App closed.

Volx
Nerd Rager!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down