Nerd Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marko's Application

5 posters

Go down

Marko's Application Empty Marko's Application

Post  Marko Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Required Questions
01. Character Name
Marko
02. Are a server transfer? What server did you transfer from?
No
03. Days Played
04. Is this your main character?
Yes
05. What other classes have you played, and to approximately what level?
None other
06. What is your spec and why did you choose this particular build?
It’s a standard ret specification, heavy on strength and crit, hit capped, expertise capped. It’s pretty safe, though I will which out items depending upon what buffs I will or will not get from raid. I always mix and match to get 50% crit from raid and itemization.
07. What other builds have you played? Why did you switch out of them?
I have played holy paladin and can switch as necessary. It’s not as strong as ret but it will work just fine.
08. Are you willing to respec to another role occasionally and for certain encounters for the greater good of the raid?
Absolutely
09. What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Good boss dps, very good trash dps. I am right up there with other melee and casters and will average about 10k dps on bosses and 30k on trash at times. I bring many buffs and raid saving attributes such as BOP or LOH. I wear plate and high stamina. I am not easy to die or kill. My main strength is my mentality for this game, in both analyzing, recommending and following strats.
10. What professions do you have, and what level are they? Why did you pick these professions?
Blacksmithing.450 on Jewel crafting 450. I chose blacksmithing for the extra sockets and JC for the insame gems I can put in them.
11. How do you prioritize your gear choices (hit/agi/dmg/etc)?
int/sp/crit/mp5
Sometimes the raid make up will dictate the gear choices I make but in general, hit 263,usually higher, strength as much as I can get, expertise13 plus SOV or 23 without, crit – goal is to be 50% or more, agility go help crit, intellect to help mana pools but it also helps spell dps especially in the expansion, stamina, not so high as I have plate.
12. Please list out which consumables you find most useful to your class in a raiding environment. Explain your choices.
I flask endless rage and will consume an fish feast to add to my abilities – pretty standard. I carry as much straddle as possible and make sure I am 100% full before each and every fight, even it’s such an extra 1%.
12. We raid Tuesday, Thursday,and Sunday from 7:45-Midnight Server. Is there any obligation that would cause you to need to leave early and/or be consistently late for raids?
I am a college professor and teach computer graphic applications. My schedule is days an occasional night class outside t=of raid times..
13. All members are expected to pay for their own repairs and make/buy their own consumables. Is this something you can manage while learning a new instance?
This has always been the case – not a problem
14. Please list your previous raiding experience, if any. Please note if you raided the dungeons when they were relevant or if you did them later 'just for the achievement'.
I have raided each and every instance since time began. Been playing since the beginning. I have 25 man and 10 man ICC LK achievements.
15. What's your favorite raiding encounter and why? Sorry, easy ones are boring. I like LK because it challenges me and everyone in raid. I love the satisfaction of just getting it done and putting it on farm.

16. How do you typically prepare for bosses you haven't encountered before?
I read and watch videos. Printout map, mark on position for myself and others, makes notes and keep it all in a binder. I would put this on online as a pdf for others to utilize.
17. What is your goal when raiding
Do not mess up, do my part and be a master of it, recognize difficult situations and respond appropriately like in Sindragosa when there is an extra ice block, kill sprits thst still are alive in the LK encounter, add a stun that was missed on the vaylks, etc.
18. What guilds have you been in previously?
I merged with Paragons of War but there was never an opening to enter the main raid group. I joined Sigh but most have left this guild because people would not show up for raids and the raid leader would expode. I joined virus but they were looking for holy pally and my holy pally set is off spec. I am with Havok at the moment but they are struggling to get anyone to show up for raids.
19. What about those guilds failed to meet your needs?
I wish them the best and maintain friendly relationships with them, but I am going to be careful in my next selection and not waste time and my progression needs.

20. How did you find our guild?
I went on line to look at your progression on KJ. I looked at your membership, specifically pallys and see it I could fit and contribute. I believe I can
21. Why do you want to join Nerd Rage
Why not?
22. What do you bring to the table? (How can you contribute to help improve our guild?)
I bring wisdom, maturity, a great sense of humor and compassion for other team player. I can help. Track stats, efforts, note successfully and unsuccessful encounters and post them in the forums so others can learn.
23. What sort of internet connection do you have, and how stable is it?
Charter cable – it’s very good at 25 Mbps.
24. Do you have any computer issues that affect your ability to play?
I build my own computers from scratch. – case, pws, hd, mb, cpu, ram, etc. Currently running i7 920, running at 4.2 Ghz and stable, I have a Nvidea GTX 480, 3 channel 1800 Corsair ram. The whole system, CPU, GPU and MB is water cooled
25. Which of the following do you have installed?
• Curse Client
• BloodQueen
• PallyPower
• Grid
• Recount
• Gearscore
• Retribution FCFS
• Quartz

26. List any WoW related site you regularly visit that is relevant to your WoW playing experience.
Tankspot, wowwiki, wowhead. Elitistjerks, MMO Champions
27. Are you punctual?
Absolutely
28. How old are you?
Too old and decrepit, I am in a wheelchair and use a cane and use both as weapons when I rob banks and molest middle aged women
29. Are you offended by mature language or off-color jokes?
No, but I will not participate in racial jokes but it’s not an issue for m and I will not go postal or drama – ever.
29. What is the answer to life the Universe and everything?
We are all here to make a contribution to make this world a better place – my goal is to kill 1 million horde and save the world for mothers and children
30. Have you previously grouped with anyone in our guild now who can personally vouch for you?
Some along time ago
31. Which characters can we contact you on in game when reviewing your application?
None
32. What is a good time for an officer to contact you?
I am on all the time, in between classes, in my office or in the classroom
33. Do you have any final questions or comments that you wish the council to consider?
Invite me and try me out. There is no risk. You can always ask me to leave – no drama here ever.

Marko

Back to top Go down

Marko's Application Empty Re: Marko's Application

Post  lawlrus Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Did you apply to the correct guild?

Because that isnt our application (at least anywhere I can find) you filled out, haha =)

But the info is extensive and looks good. You may want to message one of our officers in game Volx, Kewky, Southpaws, or myself (iawlrus). We are a more casual guild, our progression and efficiency is high, but this is mainly due to maturity rather than dedication, we only raid 2 nights a week. Want to make sure this fits what you are looking for.
lawlrus
lawlrus
Upset
Upset

http://nerdrage.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Marko Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

I started fiulling this out and realized it was an old template. I campared it to what you were asking and noted this has more information. The more information is likely useful in making a good analysis and a beter decision. I don't mind it, if you won't hold it against me.

Thanks

Marko

Marko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi Marko,

Maybe this is not true, but I feel like this app is something you copied and pasted from another guild's website or maybe you are trying to give us more information than what we need to get a better feel for you... I don't know. You seem like a nice guy so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you if you can please fill out our template if you want to apply for the guild. It's very short and not complicated at all. We usually get the rest of the info we need by talking to you. It's easier for me to go back and reference information I would like to find fast with our template. Thanks!

~Kewky

Kewky
Kewky
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Marko's Application Empty Casual and Two days is fine with me

Post  Marko Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Casual and two day per week is fine with me.

Marko

Back to top Go down

Marko's Application Empty Application

Post  Marko Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Here is Guild app:

Character Name: Marko
Character Class: Paladin
Character MS/OS: Retribution/Holy
Current ICC Experience: Have Kingslayer 10 and 25 and many heroic 25 and 10 man achievements including The Crimson Hall 25 Heroic, etc.
Approximate Gear Score Ret 6165, Holy 6000 w/pvp gear
Why NerdRage: This is a guild that is ranked in the forums. I want to be the best and play with the best.
Previous Guild Association: Sigh, Virus (they were looking for a holy pally), Havok, (just a fun, casual guild but they don’t have 25 showing up on any regular basis).
Sponsor in the guild (if any): None
Tell us about yourself and your goals in the game:

I am a College Professor and teach computer graphic applications. I once was a vice mayor for my city. I have two college age children one just graduated from UC Berkeley. I build computers from scratch. All of my systems are water-cooled
I want to raid with a decent guild that enjoys people as much as the game. I want to succeed, and help the guild but for myself, become a well-respected player. I just want to have fun - no drama plzzz. I have 436 days on this toon. It’s the only one I play. I do a lot of PVP as well. Did have a 2200 arena score and have 2200 weapon – getting my last piece this week. Have killed nearly 300,000 horde. I am not blood thirsty as it would appear, just like that one-on-one side of the game.

Marko

Back to top Go down

Post  Volx Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Mmm....water cooled computers. Kewky's and mine are also liquid cooled...although not really needed for the SF climate Smile

Volx
Nerd Rager!

Back to top Go down

Marko's Application Empty Water Cooled

Post  Marko Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Water cooled is liquid cooled. I am in Morgan Hill, CA. South of San Jose. Went to school at USF. I have a i7 920 Intel Processor overclocked at 4.2 Ghz. The custom 3x120mm copper radiator keeps the CPU under 44 degree C. even on the warm 90 - 100 degree f weather. The Nvidia 480 ran at 100 degrees C from day one. Liquid cooled it to a steady 40 degree c most of the time. It too is overclocked MB is 44 degree C and the ram about the same. All of this make for a very fast and responsive system. It averages in the 25 percentile in the US.

Marko

Marko

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcayon Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:49 am

You sir have more days played than a year.
Arcayon
Arcayon
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Marko,

Thanks for using the correct template this time Smile

Sorry you did not get an answer from me last night. We did not have time, due to the raid scheduled, to properly discuss your app. I will send you a tell tonight if you are on. Thanks.

~Kewky
Kewky
Kewky
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  soulmute Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:45 pm

LOL arc I'd make you cry if I added my days played up:/
soulmute
soulmute
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:41 am

Talked with Marko in-game. Due to us being extremely limited with mele dps, we will not be able to promise a permanent raid spot. Sorry and thanks for applying.

~Kewky
Kewky
Kewky
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down