Nerd Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channing - Holy Priest

+2
Volx
Channing
6 posters

Go down

Channing - Holy Priest Empty Channing - Holy Priest

Post  Channing Mon May 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Character Name:
Channing

Character Class:
Priest

Character MS/OS:
Holy/Shadow
I have been a priest healer for so long that it is ingrained in my reflexes and subconscious. I have 5700-something gear score in gemmed and enchanted shadow gear and a spec set up for it, but have not yet learned to play it. In past attempts, over the years, at shadow I would pop out of shadow form and start healing. I would highly recommend using me for the heals, but I plan to try to learn how to play shadow soon, and will help out as needed.

Current ICC Experience:
11/12 10man
8/12 25man
Heroic Gunship

Approximate Gear Score:

Why NerdRage:
Saw your recruitment post on wow forums, I have to admit that I almost didn't click on the post because of the guild name, but am sure glad I did! Upon reading more information, there and here on the forums here, everything described is exactly what I've been looking for. I could write a book on what I'm looking for, but essentially, the rampant elitism and loot focus in the game has had me discouraged most of this expansion. How you describe your guild has given me a spark of hope!

Your raid times, and everything related, works great for me.

Previous Guild Association:
I initially leveled on this server, playing casually, just enjoying the art and social aspects of the game, but everyone kept wanting me to be their healer and I eventually got suckered into getting mods, reading up on stuff, and learning how to raid. I raided Kara with "The Collective", here on KJ, but didn't really know what I was doing at the time. They fell apart and I ended up transferring to Kel'Thuzad. I learned more and got really dedicated through BT and Hyjal (New Pantheon - Kel'Thuzad), and ended up raiding somewhat hard core through Sunwell, 20-25 hrs a week (Force - Kel'Thuzad). I was happy for the experience, but I don't want to raid that hard core again. I went casual when Wrath came out, happy for the break, but ended up being pulled every which direction and pressured into even more work when people learned I was a strong healer available for pugs. I ended up server transferring just to get away. I quit playing for several months, and eventually transferred my priest back to Kel'Thuzad and joined the pug circuits again. I joined a guild "Gallivant" upon learning they were non-elitists and pretty laid back. However, they carried quite a few in their raids, and it's never fun raiding like that. Last week I decided to transfer back to Kil'Jaeden, I still have a few friends here and I couldn't find what I was looking for out there anyway. The guild I am currently in has good ethics, but doesn't seem capable of progression.

Sponsor in the guild (if any):
N/A

Tell us about yourself and your goals in the game:
I'm 37, work as a manager for a semiconductor conductor website. I like movies, National Parks, Eastern Philosophy, hanging out with the fam, and WOW has been my computer game of choice for about 3.4 years. I want a somewhat casual guild with good ethics and no elitism, that still has strong players. This is incredibly hard to find.

I would really like to trial raid with you this week if possible!

Channing
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Channing - Holy Priest Empty Re: Channing - Holy Priest

Post  Volx Mon May 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Channing,

Thank you for the detailed application, it certainly shows that you are serious about the process. The leadership of our guild has been playing since closed beta and we have gone through various "instances" of WoW, ranging from hardcore server first in 40 man progression to 2 years of pvp only.

We have been incredibly lucky to find a dedicated and nice core of people here on KJ. Your overall fit (character wise) is very important, much more than just skill and gear.

Since we could use another healer or so, the next step will be to get you into one of our 10 or 25 man HMs and see if you perform well.

By the way, your fixation on healing priests, sounds like Kewky (one of our healers)...she has 3 level 80 priests (different races/servers)...it is sad really Smile

Volx
Nerd Rager!

Back to top Go down

Post  lawlrus Mon May 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Great app dude.

Can you please be online at or before 8pm server time (PDT) this coming Tuesday. There is a good chance we'll have room and bring you to our 25man raid to give you a trial.

If you get a chance please speak with myself (Iawlrus), Volx, or Kewky before the raid so we can discuss the details of the trial peroid.
lawlrus
lawlrus
Upset
Upset

http://nerdrage.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Channing Mon May 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks, I'll be online and ready, and send a note whenever I see one of you three online.

Fixation on priests!!! What would give you that impression?!? I don't see anywhere in that post where I even remotely hinted of my 80 troll priest, the lvl 66, or any of the dozen priests I have on various servers that I heal lowbie instances with!

Channing
Agitated
Agitated

Back to top Go down

Post  Southpaws Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 pm

How you describe your guild has given me a spark of hope!

Your spark of hope you say, funny, I just got rid of my Spark of Hope for Sliver of Pure Ice. Man I crack myself up. I should probably get back to work.

Anyway look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

Edit: Oh snap that's todaysday! I gotta gem that neck piece from Sind.
Southpaws
Southpaws
Irked
Irked

Back to top Go down

Post  boosh Tue May 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Southpaws wrote:
How you describe your guild has given me a spark of hope!

Your spark of hope you say, funny, I just got rid of my Spark of Hope for Sliver of Pure Ice. Man I crack myself up. I should probably get back to work.

Anyway look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

Edit: Oh snap that's todaysday! I gotta gem that neck piece from Sind.

ಠ_ಠ
boosh
boosh
Irked
Irked

http://www.welcometointernet.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewky Wed May 26, 2010 6:31 am

Accepted as initiate.
Kewky
Kewky